The IGAW 2016 (International GNSS Advances Workshop) was an event dedicated to the study of the evolution of satellite navigation technology in light of the opportunities opened by the availability of multiple constellations (GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, Beidou).
A highly prized scientific initiative, the Workshop aimed to examine on the basis of current knowledge and the future prospects of GNSS technology development and applications and was opened to public institutions, private companies, research centres and Universities.
In its third edition, the Workshop was taken in Rome on January 21st and 22nd, 2016.
The main topics discussed:
- State of the art of GNSS technology,
- Multi-constellation systems and interoperability,
- Ubiquitous PNT and SDR,
- Anti-spoofing and Authentication,
- International Cooperations on GNSS applications developments,
- High Precision and High integrity,
- Augmentation and relevant applications: the Rail case.
IGAW 2016 was organised and hosted by Sogei, a company that has always been at the forefront of research and development efforts in the delivery and use of geo-referenced data and services, as well as GNSS High Precision applications and SDR technologies, as part of its contribution to the dissemination of innovation and scientific culture.